Saturday, March 8, 2014

Unit 6 Integral Assessment


After reading and doing my integral assessment I think that I need to work on all areas of my life. I feel that some weeks I am very good (biological) I eat right and exercise, and then after a couple of months I just let myself go, and concentrate in other areas; whether is work, or school or spiritual growth;  I realized by doing this exercise that is very hard for me to find  balance in my life. I get overwhelmed when I work all areas of my life at the same time, don’t know why but more often than not I am just able to work in one area at a time; Later when I realized that I need to attend another areas I just let everything go again and concentrate in what I left unattended; I don’t know if I am making myself clear is very hard to explain but I feel that I can’t have all areas in balance is always something that I constantly have to work on. The exercises that I could implement in my life is to dedicate more time to meditation; thought meditation I can calm myself down of all the stressors around and look more at the big picture to be able to find better solutions.

3 comments:

  1. Monica,
    We will always have something that requires our focus and attention, what I have learned to do is to really quiet my mind and spirit and get into a quiet place and just listen to that inner voice that spirit of God it will lead and guide me to whatever's extremely important at the time that needs my attention and focus. Life has become noisy and loud just in general and we have to find our way to that mind, spirit, and body connection to dwell in the health and wholeness we desire.

    Peace & Blessings,
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it is hard to balance and focus on all areas that we try to maintain and or improve. As well as not feeling there is enough time in the day to accomplish all that we need to do to keep up. I am lucky that I do not have to work which I thought would give me plenty of time to keep up with household chores, kids, school, and exercise but I seem to keep exercise at the end which I hope to change but now that the weather seems to improving it will be easier to get out which helps keeping things clean and the kids active as well as myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all can relate to your post. Our lives are consistently changing at a drop of a hat. Well at least for me it is. I am currently working three jobs, going to school, maintaining my household and raising my two kids. We are all very active so there never seems to be time to focus on one aspect not to mention all aspects of our own well being. If we continue to do the best that we can with what we have then we will be able to find balance eventually. I try to truly appreciate the time and experiences with my boys even if it means not being able to focus on my own needs. I know that I need to better in this area like you but I am positive that one day I will find balance. I will continue to work on my practices and being positive about this goal. I wish you the best of luck and I know that you will figure out the balance as well if you keep working at it.

    ReplyDelete