Love and kindness: I think that this exercise help us realized how important is to give and trust and love others. My favorite part was the sound of the ocean I think that it help us connect to nature that's why is incredible relaxing to many people. Trusting and loving others give us peace and help us connect with the outside world I think that the most difficult task is to love and forgive and still practice kindness when people are difficult or hurtful; however, I had experience that even when it hurts if I choose to love back instead I make myself free of negative feelings. I would recommend this exercise to others because in order to find peace we all need to understand the power that is to love and be kind to others.
The power of the mind is definitely bigger that we can imagine, out thoughts control our emotions and our emotions control our reactions, exercising our mind and trained ourselves to be positive is very important to be able to reach happiness and well-being. The mental-workout can help us to form a new healthy habit and teach us to take control of our own thoughts, emotions and health, I think this is the first step towards spiritual flourishing.
The sound of the ocean made me wish I was at the beach on vacation considering it's suppose to be 2 degrees here today. I agree that trust and love go hand in hand. I think to experience true love we must first love ourselves and be able to appreciate the love of others. Love can mean so many things to so many people. Forgiveness is almost unheard of today. Why do you think this is? Are people just becoming so disconnected from the morals and beliefs that we are raised with, has our culture and society now influenced the way we forgive or maybe it's just the fact that people seem mad or distracted all the time. The words "I'm sorry" don't seem to carry the weight they use to. For my own health benefits, I found that forgiveness is extremely important. Great post.
ReplyDeleteI think that exercises like the loving kindness one that we experienced are actually great tools for helping us to train the brain. These exercises that focus and calm the mind help us to think and react or not react from a place of love and compassion. They are also an important part of loving and giving back to our self as well. Moments of rest and relaxation for the mind and the spirit in the midst of our hectic lives is a valuable way to stay connected to our center.
ReplyDeleteJennifer Lawrence HW420